Inverell Shows Society

History

The Inverell Show Society has been holding shows in the Inverell District since 1868 and has a long tradition of community involvement. During that period the society has had a total of 22 Presidents with the longest serving being Darrell Holder who stepped down in 2011 after a period of 21 years in the chair. Following is a list of our past Presidents.

1897 - 1914    J Borthwick
1915 - 1916    J Swan
1917 - 1919    N C Bucknell
1920 - J Bowling
1921 - 1924    A Avern
1925 - 1926    N C Bucknell
1927 - 1929    A S McColl
1930 - 1939    E S Anderson
1940 - 1941    D M Sinclare
1942 - 43 - 44    War Years
1945 - 1948    F File
1949 - 1962    J McColl
1963 - 1967    R S McIntyre
1968 - 1970    A J Gibson
1971 - 1972    J Pilcher
1973 - A Gibson
1974 - 1976    R Turner
1977 - 1982    G Mather
1983 - 1985    C Marshall
1986 - 1988    S White
1989 - 2011    D Holder
2011 - G McKenzie

Location:

Our first show, was held in 1868 on the banks of the McIntyre River behind what is now Coles.  In 1873 it was moved to Kamilaroi Park which is now a football field.

Our current location, which we have enjoyed since 1914 is the Inverell Showground which is on the Tingha Road on the edge of town.

Thankyou to our sponsors: